O’Shea’s Offhand Opinions 2013.3
When I revived my reviewing vehicle O’Shea’s Offhand Opinions, it was partially with the hope to periodically do quick, drive-by takes on comics. This third installment is my first brief review.
Velvet #1 (Brubaker/Epting/Breitweiser): Writer Ed Brubaker and artist Steve Epting are at their best doing period pieces. So to find them hard at work on this late 1960s/early 1970s spy mystery is to find them in their element. However what makes this series a must-read for me is the work of colorist Elizabeth Breitweiser. Her distinctive coloring style makes the comic rise above all others I have read recently. Her name should be on the cover with Brubaker and Epting.
I give this issue a 9/10 rating. (10 being best)
Fat cat in a little box. #fail
Heroes Con Commisson Details:
Hello everyone! Elizabeth and I will be attending Heores Con this June 7-9, and we’ll be bringing lots of goodies with us.
Mitch’s Commission list at Heroes Con will be very exclusive. 6 slots are available for pre-con signups. Details are as follows:
- Commissions will be on large tonal 12 x 16 Canson Art paper.
- Artwork will be fully brush inked with wash details and finished with white gouache detailing to create beautiful 3D effect on the tonal paper.
- Commissions will be $300 which gets you 2-2:30 of quality board time.
- Use the “contact us” link on our Tumble blog to sign up!
Many of our stunning giclee print products with be coming along with us as well:
- A new limited edition print drawn by Mitch and colored by Elizabeth exclusively for Heroes Con. (details coming)
- Elizabeth will be bringing a wide selection of Monoprints of her color work. So if you have a favorite page, be sure to scoop up one of these exclusive 1-of-1 oversized printings.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
One peach lovin’ cat. (at BREITWEISER haus)